I’ve been a professional photographer for over ten years now and I’ve learned a lot.
I absolutely love what I do and there are a lot of reasons why. So I put together a list of my top 7 to share with you all!
- I am all about the feels. All of my favorite images are the images taken in between moments. Usually laughing or tickling. Posed images are just a little too static for me. I love real and authentic images of families.
- I want to remember everything. And I want you to do the same. I hope that every one loves my photos and photos in general.
- Each and everyday of my job is different. I always have a plan for the day, but each and every day is different. I do a little of everything – advertising, accounting, editing, videos, social media, photography, phone calls, etc. So every day is filled with beautiful chaos.
- Being my own boss is awesome, yet super scary! I love being able to make my own decisions and have the flexibility for my family. This business has been amazing for my family. Scary at times, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.
- Being a part of a family’s special occasion is amazing. I often get to meet families during huge milestones like the birth of a baby or the senior year of high school and it is such an honor for me.
- This job has give me many opportunities. Opportunities to spend time with my child, to meet fabulous people I would have never met, and travel with my family.
- I love proving people wrong when they say: “I hate how I look in pictures”! Showing the final gallery to a family and having happy clients, is the best feeling.